This page provides detailed instructions for enabling the LSCSoft Repositories on Debian 9.x (Stretch) systems.
The current reference version of the Debian operating system is version 8, codename "stretch". We package experimentally for Debian Testing, codename "stretch" so the daring can substitute "stretch" for "stretch" below if they wish to use Debian Testing. The support for Debian Testing is on a best effort basis. The installation has to be performed as the
- Add the Debian LSCSoft repository to your system by adding the following to the file
deb http://software.ligo.org/lscsoft/debian stretch contrib
deb-src http://software.ligo.org/lscsoft/debian stretch contrib
- You can then begin using the repository by following these commands
Install LSCSoft Packages
- You can install all the LSCSoft software by installing the
apt-get install lscsoft-all
- Your system is now configured with all the LSC Software and is ready for development usage.
If you want to track the LSCSoft Testing repository then you simply add the testing repository details to your configuration.
- Make sure the production repository is enabled, by following the above instructions .
- Add the Debian LSCSoft testing repository to your system by adding the following to the file
deb http://software.ligo.org/lscsoft/debian stretch-proposed contrib
deb-src http://software.ligo.org/lscsoft/debian stretch-proposed contrib
- You can then update the repository metadata with:
- Check for, and install, any updates using:
If you encounter any problems with these instructions please file a ticket here
. Fill out the summary and description field and leave everything else as they are.