2017 LIGO-DAWN Workshop III
What’s Next for Gravitational Wave Astronomy?
July 6 & 7, 2017 (Thu & Fri)
Marriott Syracuse Downtown, 100 E Onondaga St, Syracuse, NY 13202
With the observation of the first two confirmed gravitational-wave events, GW150914 and GW151226, during Advanced LIGO’s first observation run, and with the second observation run ongoing, gravitational-wave astronomy has become a reality. The future of this new branch of astronomy will depend critically on the next- (third-) generation gravitational-waves detector.
The two-day program of this workshop will focus on the global strategy for third-generation (3G) gravitational-wave observatories and detectors, and their science case. Of particular interest is the proper coordination between the European effort proposing to build an observatory detailed by the ”Einstein Telescope” design study, and the U.S. proposal of a similar class observatory, named ”Cosmic Explorer”.
Attendance at the workshop is limited to approximately 60 people.
The registration link is not up yet. We will post it here as soon as it becomes available.
Rooms are available at a group rate of $155/night at the Syracuse Downtown Marriott: Book your group rate for Dawn III Workshop
You can also call the Marriott central reservations line at 1 (800) 228-9290, and let them know that you are attending the DAWN III workshop.
The group rate rooms are reserved until June 5th 2017.
The conference will be held in the Canandaigua conference room at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, in Syracuse NY (Google maps link
The conference hotel is in downtown Syracuse, NY, about 9 miles form the Syracuse Hancock International Airport
(IATA code: SYR). To get from the airport to the hotel, there are several options:
- Taxi: There taxi dispatch stands located near each baggage claim location. Expect a $30 (+ tip) charge one-way to the Syracuse Downtown Marriott.
- Hotel shuttle: The Marriott Syracuse Downtown offers complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. The shuttle is available upon request and availability. Call the hotel at (315) 474-2424 after landing.
- Rental Car: Rental cars are available in the terminal. Note that there is a parking fee at the hotel.
- There is NO public transportation to/from the airport.
- Note that Uber is not (yet) available in upstate NY.
For any further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to previous Dawn workshop presentations & reports
Dawn I (2015)
, Dawn II (2016)