The LSC Algorithm Library Suite (LALSuite) is comprised of various gravitational wave data analysis routines written in C following the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 standard, more commonly referred to as C99.
LALSuite is comprised of the following components:
- LAL: Core gravitational wave analysis routines
- LALFrame: LAL wrapping of the LIGO/Virgo Frame library
- LALMetaIO: LAL wrapping of the MetaIO LIGO_LW XML library
- LALSimulation: LAL routines for gravitational waveform and noise generation
- LALBurst: LAL routines for burst gravitational wave data analysis
- LALInspiral: LAL routines for inspiral and ringdown CBC gravitational wave data analysis
- LALInference: LAL routines for Bayesian inference data analysis
- LALPulsar: LAL routines for pulsar and continuous wave gravitational wave data analysis
- LALApps: Collection of gravitational wave data analysis codes and pipelines utilising the LAL libraries
The documentation for all LALSuite components is generated using Doxygen. The most recent LALSuite documentation from the nightly build can be found here
The LAL Specification and Style Guide
document (commonly known as the LAL Spec
) contains the software specifications that code written for LALSuite should conform to. The most recent version of the LAL Spec
can be found here
For complete instructions on building LALSuite, see LALSuiteInstall
LALSuite-7.8 was released on 6 September 2022, and is comprised of:
Previous releases can be found in the following directory
The latest version approved by the SCCB is LALSuite-7.5.
The LALSuite sources are located in the LALSuite Git repository. See the following instructions
on how to get started.
You may also browse
the LALSuite Git repository using the GitLab
The LALSuite bug reporting system can be found here
. You will need a LIGO.ORG username and password.
Before you file a ticket, please read and search through the list of [https://git.ligo.org/lscsoft/lalsuite/issues][current]] and previous
issues to determine if your bug has already been reported. If it has not, please report the issue giving as much detail as possible.
If an issue already exists and has not been fixed, add any additional information to the existing report. If your bug exists and has been fixed, upgrade to the version detailed in the issue to confirm if it has been fixed correctly. If it was not, please reopen the issue.
There are several mailing lists related to LALSuite development:
Developers should subscribe to the LAL Discuss
and Computing Discuss
mailing lists as important development information is regularly posted and discussed on these lists.